Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing #21 Copyright and Freedom of Information

Very interesting! This goes so into depth that it's almost hard to understand. I'm sure there's so many different kinds of Copyright. You can download music from Limewire illegally but why is it out there to downloaded? You can copy and paste something from the internet but why does it allow you to and then say it's copyright infringement. Why is it out there then?? Simple guidelines would be okay. I had a Teacher Librarian who shall remain nameless that always told the teachers he was going to rat on them for breaking copywrite laws and he could get a $10,000 reward. He is long gone now but I wouldn't have put it past him.
Thing #21 is very useful and I will certainly explore it more extensively.

1 comment:

jenn said...

lol about the teacher ratting out other teachers. Yes, I'm using text lingo trying to get into the spirit of this whole new wave. I didn't realize you could get a reward? We could make a great part-time job at that to supplement all of the cuts happening in the libraries.