Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Class and loss

I received some bad news today about my dog. It was a freak accident that took him a way from us. We've been blessed to have him for 13 years. He was my best friend. There wasn't anywhere or anything I did on the farm that he wasn't by my side. Just recently I've had to leave him in the house while I fed the horses because he would give them "what for" and I was afraid he would get kicked which wouldn't have been the first time. That was hard because he loved to go down there for his walks. But long story short I'm using my blog as a healing tool and a while back I did post a picture of him. He will be missed...

3 comments:

MyraG said...

I'm so sorry! I loved that you posted your dog's picture on your blog. It is such a hard thing to lose a beloved pet -- they are so much more than just a pet. My dog is my companion (I am so attached to her). Your dog was lucky to have such a caring, loving master for 13 years.

clerks a rockin said...

I too am so sorry.. thank you for sharing so we can put our hearts out there for you. Mine also now lives in my heart, they are such special members of our families.

MsLinda said...

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry about your loss. It is one of life's hardest times when we lose a pet who has been there for us in all aspects of our days. Please know you are in my heart and prayers. Thank you for sharing, I think this is one of the great benefits of this class, it has brought us all a little closer.